Sunday, June 5, 2011

X-Men:First Class

Last night, friend Trish and I went to see X-Men: First Class. We came away both agreeing that it was the best of all and thoroughly enjoyed it. Somehow it filled in all the blanks that we ever wondered about X-Men. I loved it. I found the story line intricate enough to keep me guessing a bit as to what was going to happen (because we know Charles Xavier ends up in a wheel chair) and we know that Magneto and the Professor end up on different sides of the 'fight' so to speak. And its all answered.
I was surprised and somehow it made sense that Magneto was a product of the concentration camps and the 'testing' he was put through. I was also surprised to see Kevin Bacon in it. I had not known he would 'show up' in a major role, but there he was doing his admirable job as the Nazi looking for world power for the mutants. So here is Erik angry and bent from his experiences when he mets Charles and they become friends recruiting other mutants. James McAvoy who made a wonderful Charles Xavier, can read minds easily while Michael Fassbender who is Magneto can twist anything which is steel. Mystique was also explained and how and why she becomes Magneto's side kick. I thought January Jones was wonderful as the 'crystal lady' (only way I can think of her). So beautiful and yet so deadly.  If you want to see a great entertaining movie, and if you, like me, have seen the X-men then this is definitely one to catch. It will answer those unanswered questions as well as being the best of the bunch.  4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment