Thursday, December 1, 2011

Muppets

The Muppets movie is worth seeing. Even if you are not a super duper Muppet fan, there are components in this movie which are enjoyable. The story line is simple, and yet somehow enduring. Although I was not a big Muppet fan, I do enjoy Miss Piggy and of course Kermit is always a hit. I don't know all the names of the Muppet gang, as I missed the Muppet years. My ignorance was I did not even realize they were no longer on T.V. But, in saying that, as they travel around gathering all the main Muppet people, you get an insight of who they are. I loved the performances which happened when they were doing their show in order to save the theatre. And of course, the 'bad man' changes his mind, and they get to keep their theatre. Perhaps more movies would be in order. Up until they were all performing and doing their acts I was amused, but the acts were terrific - true Muppet style - how puppets manage to create an emotional response, I do not know, yet they do it. Of course all us Miss Piggy fans were delighted that she and Kermit get back together. I think kids will enjoy this, the action and dance sequences and there is a lot to watch in the large scenes. Jason Segal, who seems to have been the main thrust of this movie, by being one of the writers as well as the star. He had a delightful interaction with Amy Adams but the movie is the Muppets - somehow I think they will be back..

No comments:

Post a Comment