Friday, April 15, 2011

HANNA

I was happy to get out of the rain yesterday and be able to see the movie HANNA. This movie was at the top of my list to watch and I was not disappointed. I found myself sitting there near the end thinking, is this a 3 1/2 or a 4 movie. (that would tell you that it is a 3 1/2 because if it was a 4 I would not have been thinking about it). But it is definitely worth seeing.  The young (then 16) actress Saoirse Ronan the main character is brilliant in the role and as she is the main character and spends a lot of time on camera she makes the girl assassin real. It is also interesting watching her assimilate to the outside world. With the Aussie's Eric Bana and Kate Blanchard as the two other main characters they do their roles well as usual, especially Kate as the driven CIA character. I loved how the story behind what was happening unfolds. I also liked how they did not show the 'friendly' people being killed (but somehow you know that is going to happen due to the nature of other scenes). Worth seeing? I think so, if you enjoy thrillers.  I give it 3 1/2 stars out of 5.
Postscript.  A few days later than seeing Hanna I was taking a friend to the movies for her birthday and she wanted to go see Hanna. She knew I had seen it, but I said I did not mind going again and I'm gald I did. I enjoyed it more the second time. Now, is that because I had someone with me, was it because I was not as tired. It was the same theatre so that was not an influence. I think it has to do with I was not trying to figure everything out, instead I could sit back and enjoy the subtlies of this girl the sights of the colors and the settings more. I knew the outcome, I knew what to expect and therefore enjoyed it much more. I found that interesting.  Therefore I upgraded it - second viewing to 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment