Saturday, April 13, 2013

G.I. Joe: Retaliation Movie Review

When G.I. Joe; Retaliation came I was once more looking forward to the over the top action and enjoyment and I was not disappointed.  The sad thing within the movie was Channing Tatum gets killed early. What a shame he will no longer be part of the G.I. Joe franchise, but I presume his career is such he doesn't do support roles any more. Sadly.  Regardless, Dwayne Johnson, Bruce Willis, Adrianne Palicki and Arnold Vosloo keep the audience entertained. Some of the stunts I thought were spectacular, especially when they were running along the cliffs on wires, and the tanks near the end. Definitely great entertainment and can't wait for the next one to come along.
Really what can you say, if you want to see things being blown up, and everyone doing their part to take down the enemy, you can't beat G.I. Joe: Retaliation.
3 1/2 out of 5.

After seeing Olympus has Fallen (see previous review) I was glad to sit and watch a regular action, blow 'em up, movie.  I'm still upset about Olympus - and now there is another movie coming out relating to the White House. I'm almost scared to go see it, but I will.  Watch how I write about that one - oh yes Chaning Tatum is in it with Jamie Fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment