Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Star Trek Into Darkness - movie review

I am a Star Trek fan, and I waited until Sunday to go and see this movie, so my friend Trish, who usually accompanies me to the movies could come with me.  She had been playing Grandmother, looking after her two small grandchildren.  So it was with enjoyment in our hearts, that Trish picked me up and we drove the two children to meet up with their parents and we went to a different theatre than usual to see Star Trek Into Darkness in 3D.
Words cannot describe how much I enjoyed this movie from beginning to end. The characters, so well fitting their roles. Chris Pine as the ever not going to obey rules, Zachary Quinto as the wonderful Spock, always following rules. Their verbal by play had me laughing away, the writing is really good to be able to keep the story going, yet not be boring, and not letting the plot die away. A big shout out to the writers.
Then of course the back up with Scotty played by Simon Pegg and Bones, Karl Urban and the never to be forgotten Uhura so aptly played by Zoe Salana. These characters are the backbone of the movie and always worth seeing as they interreact.
Then in this movie, the Sherlock Holmes from British TV, Benedict Cumberbatch, gives a face to the terrorist.  The movie house gasped as his identity was revealed, (I'm not going to here because if you have not seen it, you need to be surprised) but I will say I clapped on the revealing. He was spectacular as the villain.
All in all, I can't wait for the next Star Trek movie to come. I wish it was next week, but I will be gong to be this movie again its so good. Usually a second movie is not as good as the first, I think this one is better. JJ. Abrams is a great director, and brings out the best in all his
actors. The action scenes always fulfill the need in the moment. I truly don't know what else they could do to make this movie better.
5 out of 5 for me.  I will see it in 2D next time, just to see the difference 3D made.
Star Trek fan or not, if you like action, you will love this movie.  Go see it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment