Saturday, June 1, 2013

Now You See Me - movie review

Now You See Me, is a movie worth going to see.  Why? because it is not like any other movie you have seen, it has magic, it has a most unexpected ending, and it is well acted.  I thoroughly enjoyed this movie from beginning to end.  I sat there mesmerized by the story unfolding before me.
Isla Fisher, Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson and Dave Franco play their roles wonderfully well. Woody as the elder statesmen and mentalist of the group, Jesse as the arrogant magician, Isla has the previous assistant to Jesse, but is now an escape artist and Dave who plays the young thief magician.
Then Mark Ruffalo as the FBI agent who is trying to capture these four as they steal a bank, from Paris, France no less and then give the money to the audience, plus other similar escapades.
I thoroughly enjoyed the interaction between the four main actors, and that means the writers did their job.
The direction was good, because as I said, it kept my attention right to the very end.  I wanted more, I wanted to see some clips at the end (which more and more movies do these days) but no, the end was the end.  For a few hours of entertainment, because that is what it is, an entertainment movie, then go see this. Enjoy!
4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment