Monday, September 16, 2013

Riddick - movie review

As my movie goer friend Trish and I were sitting in the movie to watch Riddick, I thought there would be more people to see it.  I had been looking forward to seeing Vin Diesel again, as I'm a fan from the Fast and Furious franchise.  I really did not know what to expect.  I had seen the Chronicles of Riddick a long time ago.  So as it began I was open to anything I was going to see.

First of all, Vin Diesel was great with his usual 'man' style especially with the 'glinty' Riddick eyes. The story line was not overly hard to get. Betrayed and stranded on a hostile planet, with alien predators he has to find a way to survive. Discovers an abandoned station and sends an emergency signal and is therefore joined by two brands of mercenaries one who want him dead for the bounty on his head, the other wants him alive for information.

The predictors, who he Riddick runs into quite early are scary (I often found myself with my eyes covered). I'm a real scaredy cat when it comes to unusual looking things. In fact, at one point, I made my self look, because I felt I was cowering way too much.  But, I got used to these things, and was amazed as to how Riddick made himself a 'friend' with the coyote like thing (they were all things). How the plot had him inoculate himself so he could survive their poison and eventually gets himself off the planet, moving on to the next Riddick story to come.

The supporting cast, besides the computer generated things, Karl Urban did his usual good solid acting role, and Katee Sackhoff, who I  had been watching in Longmire, was great as the gay woman of the bunch. Jordi Molla was the leader to the rag tag group, who slowly got themselves killed off.

If you want adventure, high tension (my adrenaline was pumping) then go see Riddick. 
3 out 5.

1 comment:

  1. It's as dumb as you can get, but it's still a bunch of fun and I think that's all that matters with something as cheesy as this. Good review Norma.

    ReplyDelete