Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Family - movie review

Last night was one of those nights when I drove 45 minutes north to go to a different theatre to see The Family.  I had missed it when it was in Penticton, due to being away in Vancouver. I had heard it was not that great, but decided that my daughter and I needed something funny to watch. So off we drove to see Robert De Niro, Michelle Pfeiffer, Dianna Agron (from Glee) and John D'Leo with Tommy Lee Jones play in this movie about a Mob family being in witness protection in France.

This movie is violent, yet I found myself laughing at things I would normally be horrified at. Luc Besson, as the writer and Director has done a great job in making this violent show quite funny throughout the movie. I finally stopped trying not to laugh at the language, the situations, and the people, and sat back and enjoyed the wit, the action and the craziness.

The two children, both in high school have their issues, yet in the end are able to save The Family from extinction. The most endearing I thought was the dog, who shows up throughout the movie. Although I enjoyed Tommy Lee Jones's looks of disgust. I felt like cheering at the end as the movie comes to an end.
3 1/2 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment