Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hurt Locker

Hurt Locker came out right when I as extremely busy getting ready to go to New Zealand. So I missed it at my local theatre. Therefore, when I saw the DVD available I snatched it up ready to watch the movie which took best picture. I was not disappointed. What a movie, the understanding of the characters feelings and what they go through in war I thought was really well done. The sensitivity of the subject matter - war - was displayed so well, you just got caught up in the 'horror' (the streets littered with debris never mind the bombs plus a young man being made into a human bomb). Then the interrelationships of the characters showed the many different types of personality are involved in war and ho they deal with the risks and the uncertainty of whether you life or die. You felt for the main character when he went home and felt overwhelmed just by choosing a box of cereal from the many displayed. This scene really brings home the post traumatic stress which most returning soldiers experience. Then the final scene when he is back for another year of going about his job of defusing bombs. Definitely a winner and one of the war movies to have in your collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment