Thursday, June 24, 2010

Killers

Saturday night came and I was restless. Looking at the four movies available at my local theatre I chose Killers. Luckily I knew inspite of the title that it was Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigel in a romantic comedy. By the amount of people in the audience, others did not. What a stupid title - whoever picked it should have been shot. With a different title the movie might have had more success. The title does not portray the movie at all - anyway I went.
I truly did not have any expectations of this movie, I just wanted out of the house where there as nothing on TV (which seems like every night these days.) I was pleasantly surprised.
I was surprised because I laughed often and I was hugely (is that a word) thrilled to see Magnum - Tom Selleck - he will always be Magnum to me, playing Katherine's Dad. He always bring such strength to the screen these days. Like a lot of men when they hit their 40's they seem to grow bigger all over -- well he is over 40 - but still looks, big, strong and Magnum.
Again the movie seems filled with craziness, but both Ashton and Katherine pull it off - somehow she does the dumb but beautiful, but not too dumb roles wonderfully well and Ashton always surprising pulls off his roles.
Yeah, hate to say it, I enjoyed this movie. I go to the movies for several reasons, one to be entertained, which this movie did. Two to enjoy the views, this one has wonderful views of Nice, France and then uptown subdivision and a construction site and office, but I sure enjoyed the views of France's coastline. Third I like to learn something from the movie, a moral, a mental or emotional connection. I did not in this movie, but I laughed and that is worth something when you are feeling tired and a bit out of sorts. Yeah I enjoyed it. Therefore it is worth 31/2 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment