Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Step Up 3D

Yesterday I drove nearly 1 hour north to go see Step Up 3D. Arriving just as the movie was beginning I  was able to find a seat (in the dark) and put on my 3D glasses and begin watching the story evolve. Mostly I was there for the dancing. After being a fan of So You Think You Can Dance in both the US and Canada I knew I would enjoy the movie and I did. Was it the classic of all time - no. But it was entertaining and the dancing is good. The story line was the usual boy/girl scenerio, so nothing new there and I actually laughed out loud once. I think they could have had a little bit more humor in the movie, but again the storyline held up and we were there mostly for the dancing. The final dance routine, with the lights going was worth seeing several times. Its probably made it to internet by now. It was good. Was it worth traveling to see it in 3D. I think so. I give it 3 stars out of 5 for dance entertainment. Not a movie I will rush out to see, but if its in my local theatre in 2D (we don't have 3D) I will go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment