Saturday, October 9, 2010

Secretariat

Last night I went to see Secretariat and loved every moment of it. It was a wonderful film, filled not only about a great horse but the photography and the sense of well-being portrayed was great. The editing was wonderful as you were kept up with the adventure of Secretariat and his owner. I think this is one movie I will definitely have to see again, if only to see the wonderful horse races. My friend Suzanne was telling me she got to visit him at his home and pat him. Of course this was after his racing days and he spent his time as a stud. The underlying theme of this movie, listen to what you know is correct for you and go for your end result you want no matter what to me gave this movie even more depth. Also, at a time when women were supposed to be in the home, here was a woman who believed in her horse and her childhood home to keep it going, even though for three years she travelled back and forth between Denver and Virginia. Oh yes, lots of secondary stories of belief, loyalty and support.  If you have a chance, go see the movie. My friend who came with me was not as interested in horse racing as me (coming from racing New Zealand, where I grew up listening and going to horse races) she was surprised as to how much she enjoyed it.  4 1/2 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment