Thursday, November 25, 2010

Burlesque

I read a report that said Burlesque was mild and dull and I could not help wondering if he saw the same movie I did. I loved it. So much in so, I want to see it again. It was full of singing and dancing that your senses were almost overwhelmed by the action, color and sound. It had the feeling the Cabaret had many years ago. It was great to see Cher sing her two numbers (yeah only two). All of us Cher fans were disappointed in only two songs, but it was good to see her back on the screen. It really is Christina Aguilera's movie. I can't say I'm a fan of Christina, but she sure can belt out a song, and she kept up with the dancers really well. The criticisms, if any, would come in the story content and the dialogue. But heh, with all the beauty and fast moving, mostly, dance and song numbers that did not seem so important. The predicable love story, the close to be taken over due to debt, the lovely young ingenue saving the day, well it was perhaps predicable, but on the other hand the five of us who saw the movie were all thrilled with it. 
I would give it 3 1/2 out of 5, just on the dancing and singing alone.
Go see it, enjoy it. Stay home if you don't like dancing and singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment