Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I

Last night I decided to go see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I. After all, I have seen all the others and can't let this one go unseen.  I had hoped to see it in Calgary, but with the cold and snow I did not venture out to view it. Then Monday night I was going to head out to the local theatre here, when it snowed and once again decided I would stay inside. So when last night there was no snow I decided third was a charm and off I went.
I had heard that some critics were very critical, I guess that's what they do, but for the most part I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. I shut my eyes at the snake scenes, I jumped sometimes with the noises of the sudden changes as the 'three kids' were harassed. I enjoyed watching Ron and Hermione began their relationship dance. After all, I had read the book and do know what happens, but I still enjoyed being reminded. It amazes me how much we forget of a book we read, then when it appears on the screen its as though your mind goes, "oh yes, I remember now".
Even knowing there is one more film to go, I already felt sad at the loss of these three characters we have all come to love, Harry, Ron and Hermione have been with us for a long time. And the same as when I finished reading the book Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows I felt sad when the movie came to an end, although what an ending. Oh yes I'll be waiting for the next and sadly the last installment of this series, even if it takes me three goes to get three.
I give this movie 4 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment