Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Going the Distance

Last night I took in the late movie of Going the Distance. There were five of us in the theatre, two couples and then older me. What surprised me with this movie was how much I laughed. I left the theatre with a good feeling which surprised me. I as not expecting to be so entertained. Now there is a definate generation gap with the movie. The use of the F word with both males and females should not longer surprise me, but it does. Is it really necessary? I don't personally think it adds to the movie, but heh I'm older and we did not speak like that when I grew up. But the laughs, the jokes, the inside relationship jokes were so well written and executed by the supporting actors. I though Justin Long was a bit stiff, like he was walking through the role.  Drew Barrymore was her usual Drew self, which is good. The guy who played Dan took the movie though. His lines were executed wonderfully well. For my age group though to enjoy this movie you have to look beyond the language and enjoy the great deliveries.  Surprise, surprise I give this 3 out of 5 for enjoyment. Its been awhile since I left a movie feeling warm inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment