Monday, January 3, 2011

Gulliver's Travels

I'm a Jack Black fan, so when my plans got changed I decided to drive north and see Jack Black's new film Gulliver's Travels. It is hard to describe what this movie is - of course it relates to the well known Gulliver's Travels, visiting the land of little people where he is a giant and then the land of giants where he is little. But, is this a children's film, an adult film a comedy or what? Somehow I felt it did not fall into any category completely. Its all of the above, yet not totally one of each. But it is a Jack Black film and I enjoyed it. I came away feeling contented and quite happy I had driven north. It is entertaining, funny in places, forced in others, but on the whole quite enjoyable. Want to spend some enjoyable time, then go see Gulliver's Travels. But don't look too hard for anything else but an enjoyable time.
I give this 3 1/2 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment