Friday, May 27, 2011

Bridesmaids

I took several days before I wrote up my review of this movie. (Then I ended up losing it and had to re write it - a sign - perhaps). Perhaps its my age, or just that I do not like toilet humor, put down humor, or embarrassment humor. So what was left to enjoy in this movie, some truly funny scenes.  I was not familiar with most of the actors, as I'm not a Saturday Night Live watcher, but did recognize Jon Hamm and Melissa McCarthy from their TV shows and Jill Clayburn from 'before'.
I knew I was probably in the 'wrong' movie for me when I was in about 10 minutes thinking "I should have gone to see Pirates of the Caribbean, which was also playing. But I did laugh, there were several scenes which were not in the toilet, put down or embarrassment humor category. If you do like this kind of humor you will love this movie - especially the embarrassment scenes. They were well down, its just I don't enjoy them - triggers all my embarrassment moments in life. Otherwise, wait till the TV or DVD - then you can turn it off.
If you do go and see it apparently there are outtakes at the end. I saw one scene, waited for more and did not see any so left - but watching Ellen who was interviewing Maya Rudolph there was apparently alot more. I just did not wait around long enough to see probably the best of the movie. Oh well, Pirates was next and it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment