Monday, May 9, 2011

Thor

Saturday night saw my friend Trish and I driving 45 minutes north to watch Thor in 3D.  Was the trip worth it?  It was. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. From beginning to end. The costumes, the sets and the whole mythological concept was really well presented. I had not read any of these comics upon which this movie is based, so did not know the story at all. I found how it was presented was I did not need to 'know', I just needed to follow the story.
The acting is really good too. Good actors Chris Hemsworth made a wonderful Thor (the body - well enough said) but he was able to go from arrogant to humble and you believed it. Natalie Portman played her part well as the scientist who falls in love with Thor and of course Sir Anthony Hopkins was his usual great self as Oden. 
As I enjoyed this movie it met a lot of my criteria, I laughed, had a definite moral, well acted, well edited, good direction, the computer additions were done wonderfully well plus it held my attention the whole movie through. Therefore 4 out of 5.  (was wondering whether it was a 41/2 - you go you decide). 

No comments:

Post a Comment