Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Green Lantern

Last night a friend and I drove the 1/2 hour north to see The Green Lantern in 3D.  We both came away totally enjoying it. What an evening of entertainment. This movie suited 3D for sure. What with space shots, other planets and the other worldly sets. What I liked most of all was the premise about will vs fear. The story line of how one has to acknowledge your fear and rise above it (or through it) and allow your courage to take you 'there'. Plus the fact that with imagination fueled by will you can create anything. This is metaphysics 101.....could not have said or shown it better.  Now of course Ryan Reynolds as the Green Lantern made the watching easy. Not only is he easy on the eyes, his sense of timing makes his humor lines great and plus he can act. I found myself jumping in my seat, knocking my 3D glasses off a few times with the 'sound' bites coming out loud and unexpectedly, at least to me, but soon adjusted myself to that. People clapped (including me) at the end. This was worth the drive, the extra dollars for 3D and I was saying to my friend, I feel happy when I was driving back home. Want good entertainment then go see The Green Lantern. The whole cast was well casted, the stunts great and I did not care if it was computer generated, I thought it all came together wonderfully well. I did not grow up knowing the Green Lantern, but my friend did and she loved it too.
4 out of 5 for entertainment, emotion building and just plain fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment