Friday, June 3, 2011

Kung Fu Panda 2

My friend Jeanne and I decided to go see Kung Fu Panda 2. Earlier in the week Jeanne came over and we watched Kung Fu Panda (the original) because she had not seen it and we thought it would be best to catch the first one before seeing the second. I think it was a very good idea because then I was updated from number one and she knew the basics.
As we left the movie we both agreed this movie is not for small children. We had around a three/four year old in front of us who in some of the scenes was quite frightened with the 'gun' going off and the destruction never mind the mean looking wolves. But as adults we both enjoyed it.
I am a Jack Black fan anyway, and when I see the Panda and watch his moves I can see Jack Black doing his thing (as on the American Idol final). I am also a fan of Angelina Jolie, so Tigress is important to me, and of course Seth Rogan's laugh always gives him away - no body laughs like he does. Jackie Chan as monkey with Lucy Lui as Snake rounds out the 'fightening' crew. Even though Dustin Hoffman as the sage teacher comes and saves the day in the end. The animators and how they represent the characters in line with their voices is fun to watch.
Now the movie, I thought was not as charming as number one, but traditionally number two movies never are. This is darker and more severe in the sets and plot. I did not laugh as often or as hard as with number one, but on the other hand its enjoyable and worth the time to go. I would have liked to see it in 3D, but we don't have that in our local theatre. (Its supposed to come when the new one gets built - supposedly 2012). To see 3D I have to go north 45minutes and sometimes that is not convenient, . 
So if you like animation, kids stories with a moral, then you will enjoy this. A solid 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment