Monday, November 14, 2011

The Three Musketeers

Saturday night had my friend Trish and I sitting down on uncomfortable seats at our local theatre to watch the Three Musketeers. It was interesting as I watched it how I could not make up my mind about it. I liked it - yet something was missing what was it? There was lots of great sword fights. The personalities of the Musketeers was explored so you felt you knew each of them. The young budding relationships between the King and Queen plus D'Artagnan and the lady-in-waiting were done well enough. So what was missing. To tell you the truth I don't know, all I know something was - or was it the seats we were sitting in. Did I regret seeing the movie no. In fact I enjoyed the special effects of the boat flying through the air, the fight at sea being in the air and laughed several times. The usual manipulating Cardinal from that era was well played by Cristoph Waltz, and one cannot forget Milady so aptly played by Milla Jovovich, but somehow the romantic tension between her and Matthew MacFadyen I did not feel took.  At the end of the movie I was glad to have seen it and I realize I did not mention Orlando Bloom, oh well, I felt his part could have been played by anyone. Sorry Orlando. I will no doubt go and see the next Three Musketeers movie made. Somehow, they do have their level of enjoyability. I cannot suggest you run out and see it - wait till it comes on TV - although the big screen does make the air boats look grand.
3 stars out of 5 (could have been 2 1/2 but those air boats were well done).

No comments:

Post a Comment