Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy Feet 2

I had enjoyed Happy Feet a lot, so I went with great enthusiasm to see Happy Feet 2 in 3D. I was not disappointed, in fact, there is a song near the end, when I had tears brimming over the sides of my eyes. Eric, the little penguin, who cannot dance, sings a song to his father, this most operatic voice comes out of this little bundle of a penguin and I lost it. But the stealer's of the show are the two shrimp voiced by Brad Pitt and Matt Damon. The philosophies of life which comes forth in this movie, besides the singing and dancing of the penguins, with help from Elephant Sea Lions and another group of penguins. I found myself laughing, crying and thoroughly enjoying some of the scenes (especially those philosophical shrimps). I'm not  sure that one has to see this movie in 3D, but the movie does bring you to many different emotions. Adventurous young penguins going off, concerned father following, the singing and dancing of massive amounts of penguins (is there really that many in the Antarctic). The awareness of the warming and the effect it has on the climate and therefore on its inhabitants. And the humor, lots of humor. I'm not sure how much a young child would enjoy this, but as an adult, I did. Worth going to see, I think so. Happy Feet 2, makes you happy and the time worthwhile. Although I do not think it is as good as Happy Feet 1. But then, what sequel is.
3 1/2 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment