Friday, November 29, 2013

Delivery Man - movie review

After all the advertising, which seemed to go on months before this movie, Delivery Man, came out, I wasn't really sure I even wanted to see it. To my surprise I enjoyed it.  Vince Vaughn, who I often find over talks in his roles, was great in this role as the man who has unbeknown to him fathered over 500 children. In the movie you discover why he donated so much sperm.

It is touching, funny and a statement about relationships.  Father/son; Boyfriend/girlfriend and family. How when the 142 of them, who are contesting in course to find out who their father 'Starbuck' really is, he says, you have found each other.  Family....that is the hidden message behind this.

Vince Vaughn is good in this role, Chris Pratt as his friend creates some laughs and Cobie Smulders playing his pregnant girlfriend, all give their roles justice.  Writer/Director Ken Scott should be proud of this. A great combination of comedy with emotion of a serious subject.

Not much to really say except, for a movie which brought a tear to my eye, lots of laughs and a couple of hours well spent.  Go see it.
3 1/2 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment