Sunday, November 3, 2013

Last Vegas - movie review

If you are over 50 I think you will enjoy this movie - Last Vegas. I most certainly did.  Robert DeNiro, Michael Douglas, Morgan Freeman and Kevin Kline play four older buddies who have been friends since they were six and now have very different lives. They all go to Las Vegas for the wedding of Michael Douglas's character. I must say I enjoyed seeing Kevin Kline as I had not seen him recently and I've always been a fan!

The laughs come a lot. Mary Steenburgen plays the woman of the group, and I won't say the ending, but if you want to laugh, and relate to what they laughter is about then go see this funny movie.
My friend who came with me, said as we went in, I'm tired of seeing movies about older people and its not funny. At the end she said, "I enjoyed that". I did also. 

Everyone needs to laugh and the antics each one of these characters get into is great.  Dan Fogelman as the writer really needs applause, as this could have been ridiculous, as many of the movies my friend was talking about are. But it is not, it is very real, and has a great message. Live each day! 

I also have to mention the Director, Jon Turteltaub, who has directed some great movies which I have enjoyed, and he manages to bring out the characters so well.

The cast has been well casted, as even the support players did their roles proud, Romany Malco as the person who takes care of them at their Hotel (that's another story line) and Jerry Ferrara who plays the young person who fetches and carries (that's another story line). 

This movie is full of inner story lines (after all you have four men all with their own agendas) and each one is presented funny.

If you love to laugh, and don't mind laughing at the older spectrum of things, then this movie is a must.
3 1/2 out of 5.  (4 for laughs).

No comments:

Post a Comment