Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Movie Review Jack Reacher

I am a fan of Lee Child's Jack Reacher books. I think I've read every one of them, or close to it. Having discovered them on one of my trips to New Zealand (where they are very popular and well known) I went through them one by one. Now was my opportunity to see what Tom Cruise could do with this interesting, unusual character, Jack Reacher.
I thought he did an admirable job for a 5'7" playing a 6'7". He managed to convey his contained aggressiveness effectively. He managed to look like he could handle 5 people coming at him, and I enjoyed how they incorporated information of Jack Reacher into the movie for people who were not great fans. They did not make a great statement, which some movies do, instead they dropped the tidbits of information slowly so the character of Jack Reacher was understood.  (You can tell by the bold Jack Reacher - I'm a fan).
Bloody, not as much as some of the books, fights, car chase (I think that's Tom Cruise, as I don't remember too many car chases in the books). Sex, not much -- usually Jack Reacher has his way with they main woman before the end of the book - not here.
As far as I'm concerned Jack Reacher was presented accurately enough, that I'll go see the next one. Hopefully it will do well enough dollar wise for Tom Cruise to consider the next one.
I give it 3 1/2 out of 5.  Worth seeing if you like to car chase, fighting, shooting etc. movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment