Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Movie Review A Good Day to Die Hard

I have always enjoyed the Die Hard series, so as soon as it was opening I went to see it with my fellow movie goer Trish. I was not disappointed. In fact, I really liked this one a lot. Lots of action, and John McLean's (Bruce Willis)'s son played by Jai Courtney definitely made it worth watching.
If Bruce ever decides that John McLean needs to retire, Jai can certainly carry on with the family tradition. He even looks enough like Willis to be his son, plus he's taller.
The whole father / son theme where Willis stops his CIA son from performing his mission and then helps him reminds me of the last Die Hard and Live Free (which I tremendously enjoyed with Jason Long - I loved the humor especially in that one).  But, he did make it up with his daughter, who shows up in the beginning and end of this movie.
There is very little humor here. Only hard hitting stunts. The opening car chase I'm sure will go down in history, in fact someone asked us afterwards if they really had done that with cars or was it computer generated. I did not care, it was spellbinding. I had heard governments were making tanks to fit in streets (apparently for anticipated civil unrest) and there it was smashing and crashing into anything which stood in its way.  Of course the McLean's (of yes the son's name is John, but is called Jack) can take anything and survive.  But that is why the Die Hard series lasts so long and we wait impatiently for the next one.
If you like the Die Hard movies, or if you like action (pretty well non stop) you will LOVE this movie. 
4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment