Friday, February 8, 2013

This is 40

I had not gone to see This is 40 for a few reasons, one being Judd Apatow's Bridesmaids was not one of my favorite movies (I know I'm one of the only ones who did not like it) so when Trish and I who had just seen The Guilt Trip was in the movie house and This is 40 was showing, we decided why not so we saw that too. I'm so glad I did. I laughed more in it than I did in the Guilt Trip. I loved the by play between the husband and wife. I remember being 40 and already been in a marriage over 20 years.  (Yes, I got married young).
Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann (Judd Apatow's real life wife) did well as they entered the mid life crisis period, where one can get bogged down with similarity. Judd and Leslie's two children Maude and Iris were also in it and did an admirable job of being a teenager and preteen. Jason Segal as the fitness guru, Albert Brooks as Paul's money taking Dad who had young triplets) and Megan Fox as the young, georgeous woman.  All these actors made the movie adorable. It is funny, and so relatable.
Yes, I enjoyed This is 40.  I wonder what This is 50 will be like.
For a good laugh, if you have not seen it yet, go do so. I'm sure you will enjoy it and be able to relate to some, if not all, of the situations which arise.
3 1/2 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment