Friday, February 8, 2013

The Guilt Trip

I kept waiting for the movie The Guilt Trip to come to our local theatre. It didn't. So I set forth one evening with my friend Trish and we drove north to see it. It was worth the trip. Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say you have to see this movie, but I found myself having enough laughs with Seth Rogen (his laugh alone makes me laugh) and Barbra Streisand, who I always think of being immaculate, and here she was as a regular, obsessive mother. That made me laugh too. I just loved the scene where she was eating this ginormous steak dinner. No one would have gotten through that I'm sure,, but they made it fun and believable....I also loved the mother/son talk as they travelled across the U.S.
It was not a movie which taxed your brain, or had some big hidden agenda. It was a simple movie which told a story of mother and son and how they started out on opposite sides of most things and ended up being understanding of each other.  I enjoyed it. For simple entertainment.  3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment