Thursday, February 21, 2013

Safe Haven Movie Review

I'm not a huge fan anymore of Nicholas Spark's books anymore. I found I would often be left upset, because someone either died or the ending was unsure. So for many years I have not read them and have not gone to see his movies of them.  I must admit The Notebook was good, but I have never watched it again due to the fact I cried so much. Now in saying that, I have watched the odd movie of his on T.V. when it has come on and most of them have been enjoyable.
After all that, when my movie going friend Trish said she really wanted to see Safe Haven I could not say no and was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed the surprise ending (of course he always does something different with the endings) and I was left happy instead of upset. I think after I saw Message in a Bottle, I could not get over his endings.
Both Josh Duhamel and Julianne Hough did a great job. I also loved how they slowly introduced the background of Katie (Julianne's character) as you are not sure what exactly has gone on that she needed this Safe Haven. Josh played his role with sensitivity, and no overacting, (the director must be given accolades for this). As a Julianne Hough fan from Dancing with the Stars she did a great job, vulnerable yet spunky. I'm sure she will show up in more movies to come.
If you want a nice, pleasant, with some tension and an interesting ending, then see this movie. Its a great date movie with some conversation points afterwards. I'm glad I went.
3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment