Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Back from Regina, Sask.

Just a quick note for those who follow me (which I totally appreciate). I was home from New Zealand for a total of one week and then I flew to Regina, Sask. to reaudit Level 2 and 3 of the Yuen Method with Sheila Unique. It was an amazing six days away.
First of all, I flew to Vancouver, no problem at all, except snow was beginning to fall as I left (a sign). In Vancouver it was announced that the plane may or may not land in Regina due to a snow storm and fog and that we would need to get on the plane knowing this. We all piled in and took off to fly the 2 1/2 hours to Regina. I immediately began to work on us landing successfully. I had a class to go to the next morning. As we approached Regina the pilot announced that it did not look good, but they were going to go to 2,000 feet and see if anything opened up.  Once more I went to work and then the pilot announced "the weather has unexpectedly broken up and we can land". So we did. If I made a difference I don't know, but I did do some 'work' on the situation (and I'm sure others in the plane did too) and we landed successfully, even though we slid a bit on the runway before slowing down enough to not slide on the ice/snow.
That wasn't the worst part though. After getting the paper work for my rental car, I had to get to it in a cold, cold, blowing wind and the ground was icy snow packed. I was so glad to finally drag my suitcase to the car and get myself in. (I can't tell you how cold and horrible that part was).  I couldn't open the trunk so had to get the suitcase in on the back seat. This had a repercussion in that the little light which says the trunk is open stayed on and finally the battery ran down and the car would not start. (That's coming up).
Arrived at my friend Joyce's place and driving down the side street to her house was an experience in itself as well. The side street has two ruts in the snow in which you drive so the car was thrown around a bit. I became more used to this after a day or two of driving, but in the beginning it felt very strange. Regina has had a lot of snow and the snow on either side of the driveway of Joyce's house is around 6ft high where it has been thrown when cleared.
The next day Friday, I drove (using my GPS - I'm really getting fond of this little tool) to class. I met Sheila Unique and the three other students. This began three days of learning how to utilize this method I have been working with for a year on a whole new level, which I enjoyed and have come away feeling I'm more insinc with working with the system. I will have an opportunity later today with a client who is coming to visit. Our workshop was held in a building in which a most wonderful coffee shop was housed. Wonderful food, so our breaks you could have coffee/tea and an assortment of baked goodies, plus for lunch we had homemade soup with a bun. For an out-of-towner it was great!
In the evening I spent with my friend Joyce, we went once to see the movie True Grit, which I have seen before (see www.moviereviewswithnormacowie.blogspot.com) but Joyce hadn't. I enjoyed it just as much the second time and Joyce agreed with me about Matt Damon in that role.
On the Sunday night we went to see Unknown with Liam Neesom, and we enjoyed it, and have just posted my review of that on the other blog.
Monday I had the day to drive Joyce (she doesn't drive) to get what she wanted. This was the day my car did not start (thanks to that little light) and the CAA man came and got the car going, which meant that we had to go for a nice drive around to ensure the battery was recharged. We drove to the north of town and saw all the snow covered fields and the shifting snow in the wind. It was pleasant for Joyce to see. The CAA man told me the trunk was frozen solid and it was no wonder I could not open it. I also banged my head quite hard on the outside mirror of his truck as I slid a little on the snow. It hurt and is still sore, but I'm OK.
Tuesday saw me get up, luckily it was warmer only minus 18. The weather during the week had been - 21 to - 29.  Drove to the airport and after the horror show of getting to my car, it was a snap returning from the parked car to the rental counter.  Then the long flight - Regina to Calgary then Calgary to Vancouver then Vancouver to Penticton to get home. A few hours stop over in each place, so was quite tired when I arrived back. So took an easy evening, watching the NCIS shows while I looked through emails.
Now life will be back to normal. Walking at 11am then clients beginning at 12.30 and meditation tonight.
Trust your last week has been as productive and enjoyable as mine.
Lots to look forward too....so will keep you apprised.
Blessings with love
Norma.

No comments:

Post a Comment