Monday, February 28, 2011

I AM NUMBER FOUR

I took myself to see the movie I Am Number Four the other night. I enjoyed this movie. I found its storyline of aliens amongst us, having been sent here as babies with a protector because another race had destroyed their planet interesting. The story line was pretty easy to follow. Nine babies sent to be raised with each one having a protector. One by one they were being killed and the movie begins with Number Three reaching his end by the 'bad guys' who have come to ensure they do not grow up. Number four is the next one on their list.
Due to the action and interaction of the actors the movie flowed easily and the bad guys were very easily bad guys. I enjoyed the little beagle who was a shape shifter. Mostly I enjoyed Number Four Alex Pettyfer (who could be called Prettyboy). I also enjoyed it when Number six arrived, being a girl, who seemed further in command of the super natural powers than Number four. I was sorry to see the Protector die, but then that's part of the story line, plus the whispery (wimpy) voice of the Glee girl, Dianna Agron, I felt like "grow up" although she did the running away from the 'bad guys' well.
What I find interesting is that as the three young people drive away in order to find the 'other four' I was thinking, well I'll come and see the sequel.  I presume there is a sequel, or if not there definitely could be. Drop the girl friend though.  I give this movie a solid 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment