Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Adjustment Bureau

As my trip continues here on the coast, I'm finding time to see more movies.  That is my joy and the joy I had watching Adjustment Bureau was wonderful.  I had not seen it when it was in Penticton, I forget why, and just made it into the theatre as the movie itself was beginning, but it was worth it. I was pleasantly surprised as to how much I enjoyed it. Matt Damon at his best. Emily Brunt also handled her part well. I found it moved slowly (but not too slowly) and I found myself caught up in the consequences of this meeting of two people and their love story over three - four years. I especially found, as a metaphysician, the concept of the 'guardian angel' done in a little different way also interesting. In metaphysics we say 'guides' are not supposed to interfere, but these guys certainly did. It was an interesting take on the thought of fate versus self creating. I found that I kept wondering why can't these two be together, and then another piece of information would come out, but I still loved the ending of love conquers all, the romantic in me I guess. I also loved that they were helped by one 'guardian'. Feelings do occur even when not supposed too.  All in all, this was a movie I could see again.  I give it 4 out of 5 and say have a pleasant couple of hours and watch it. Love is eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment