Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Soul Surfer

While in Vancouver I managed to find some time to go and see Soul Surfer.  I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, and although I would not say its a 'must see' it definately has alot in it to merit a viewing. I was pleased I went to see it.
This movie is based on a true story. The acting is good with Dennis Quaid and Helen Hunt as the parents going through the horror of having their 'star' surfer daughter losing her arm to a shark, then how they support her as she begins surfing again.  I'm typing this up without the awareness of the actor's name who played the daughter, but she did a great job as well. All the supporting actors, including Kevan Sorbo played their roles well. So you have a well acted human story all coming together, showing how with faith and determination you can overcome all the odds. I liked how they truly built up the story before the 'accident' and oh yes, Carrie Underwood has a role as well.
I give this movie 3 out of 5 stars. If you don't get to see it in the movie theatre, I believe its definately worth a DVD watch.  The scenes of Hawaii, were worth it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment