Monday, October 17, 2011

The Ides of March

Every so often you hear so much hype about a movie that when you go and see it you are disappointed. This happened to me with this movie The Ides of March. Within a short time I had to give myself a talk and settle back to enjoy the movie. Once I realized this was not the best movie of the year (hopefully I don't eat those words) I enjoyed what was being offered. The cast was great. George Clooney, who also co-wrote and directed. Philip Seymour Hoffman, who was excellent in his role, Paul Giamatti's role small but well delivered, and Ryan Gosling as the young idealistic campaigner who because of events spelled out in the movie turns into a cynical, do what ever it takes campaign manager. The two women in the show, Evan Rachel Wood who plays the young intern and Marisa Tomei who plays the realistic journalist hold there own with this wonderful male cast. This movie really gives a glimpse behind the scenes of a political campaign. You can't help but be pulled into the life of Stephen (Gosling) which takes place over a short period. I love educational movies and this could be classified as a lesson on political campaigns and the back room deals and back stabbing from the different teams that goes on. You may think it, hear it, but in this movie you get to see it.
3 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment