Sunday, October 2, 2011

Movie Review - Drive

I recently heard a review of Drive and it whetted my appetite to go see it. Well I was not disappointed. Mind you if you do not want to see brutality, blood, anger or aggression you may want to stay home. But, if you want intensity, and an interesting story line which reminded me of some of Clint Eastwood's early movies, then this good be one not to miss. Ryan Gosling (one of our Canadian Ryan's) did an incredible job. Did he speak 100 words in the whole movie? I'm not sure, but his acting was phenomenal. Oscar worthy maybe? It's interesting how an actor does not have to say words but a movement of an eye, or a toothpick can speak volumes. At times I flinched with the brutality of it, most be getting soft in my old age, but the story line I appreciated. I especially liked it that they let the 'hero' live (or at least you think he lives - or does he).  I like to think he did. Cary Mulligan played the love interest as a young mother and who's ex-convict husband begins the 'trouble' in the movie as he, Ryan, tries to help them. Albert Brooks was definately the surprise playing the 'heavy' in the movie. He did a great job.
Yes if you like fast cars, can handle the brutality and blood - a good movie to see
3 1/2 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment