Sunday, October 9, 2011

Movie Review - Real Steel

Last night I went to see Real Steel.  Although I enjoyed the movie (Rocky with Robots) I felt something was missing. Hugh Jackman was wonderful as the irresponsible Dad committed to his Robot fighting and Dakota Goyo was terrific as his son, wanting a relationship with his father he never knew plus being more level headed and stubborn. Its a warm wonderful story on many levels. You become attached to Atom the Robot (how do they make a put together pieces of steel humanized?). Unfortunately, Evangeline Lilly's role was small and could have been more involved. But the main story is between Charlie (Jackman) and Max (Goyo) and they do that wonderfully well. I laughed, I wiped away a tear and I clapped during the movie. Can't be better than that, yet at the end there were lose ends. I don't like loose ends. But all in all, the evening was not wasted. After all its better to watch pieces of steel bash on each other and two humans going at it.
3 1/2 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment