Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Heat Movie Review

What a combination of Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy in The Heat. Sandra Bullock at her best as the uptight FBI agent and Melissa McCathy as the foul-mouthed, hard edged policewoman. If you want to laugh, and can over look the language then this is the movie for you.  I don't think I have laughed so much for a long time. Now, I admit I'm a situational comedy person, and do not like other comedy,  once get used to Melissa McCathy's character, then it is hilarious.

The journey these two individuals take, as they partner on a case, applying The Heat, is what makes this funny. As the uptight Bullock unwinds some, and the hard edged McCarthy becomes more soft is what makes this movie work.  The bar scene is phenomenally funny. Also, the family dinner scene, reminded me of some scenes I experienced myself occasionally with family dinners (everyone talking over each other - no one listening). Mind you we did not use the language or the put downs that go on in this movie.

I also have to give a shout out to the handsome Marlon Wayans. I did not realize how good looking he is. I want to see more of him for sure (my old age fantasies coming out -- but heh, he looked gooood!)

Yes, this is a movie you go to laugh, not for much else except the bad guys get it, some others die on the way and the 'good ones' come out on top.

I have to mention, I had two very young boys sitting beside me. I would say they would have been six and eight thereabouts. The topic, never mind the language, so often sexual in reference I found I was uncomfortable for them. The younger one laughed at the slap stick stuff, the older one I felt was lost trying to figure everything out.  This is an adult movie, not for little kids.  Why don't parents check these things out and just because its a comedy doesn't mean it is for little kids. (Especially when Monsters University was also on in another theatre). 

Therefore, to laugh and enjoy go see The Heat!
4 out of 5.





No comments:

Post a Comment