Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Lone Ranger movie review

I did not realize that The Lone Ranger was going to be funny until I was sitting there watching. Johnny Depp in a different incarnation as Tonto, but still managing to get the lines delivered with the same facial expression (except his eyes) the whole way through.

I was not over enthusiastic about seeing this movie, but there was no other that I wanted to see last night, so after a lovely Steak and Salad dinner, off my movie friend Trish and go. Within the first five minutes I was glad I was there. Armie Hammer, as the righteous about legalities and justice fits the bill, as he slowly realizes the wild west is still wild and justice is a different thing. The show definitely goes to Johnny Depp though, with his white and black face, although the white horse - Silver - is really good and such a comic.

Johnny Depp as Tonto tells the story of how he and The Lone Ranger meet and what follows as they go from one 'screw up' to another, yet some how in the end - they win!  Heigh Ho Silver.

The cast support with William Fichtner as the bad guy (a really bad guy) Tom Wilkinson as his bad big shot partner, and Helena Bonham Carter doing her usual great work as the 'madam'. 
If you want to laugh (not as much as The Heat) but laugh, and have an enjoyable few hours, except when the Gatling gun comes out against the Comanches. I hate those Gatling guns in movies and seeing how they just mowed everyone down. Other than that, it was funny, cute and oh yes, the good guys win and The Lone Ranger is born.
3 out of 5.

PS.  I recently have seen William Fichtner in a new TV show called Crossing Lines. I have enjoyed it and that's how I recognized him, after only seeing him for two week. Keep you eye out for the TV Show Crossing Lines. If you like adventure, solving crimes (with an international twist) then this is well done. Interesting characters in it.

PPS.  I had to look up Harmie Hammer, his face was not familiar to me. He's done quite a bit of work in both TV and Movies, but, most of the movies I have not seen, and if I did, I did not recognize him.

PPPS.  Johnny Depp surprised me how well he did this role.

No comments:

Post a Comment