Monday, December 23, 2013

All Is Lost - movie review

Upon reading about All is Lost with Robert Redford, I felt I had to see it, and I was not disappointed. This is the most interesting movie, reminding me of the story of "The Old Man and the Sea".  Written and directed by J.C. Chandor - what a job! 

There are hardly any words spoken, maybe six in the whole movie. There is only Robert Redford, a boat, a life raft, a cargo boat and a the sea, always the sea in its many moods.

The story is after a collision with a shipping container at sea a resourceful, older sailor finds himself, despite all his knowledge, efforts and ingenuity finds himself staring his death in the face.

This movie could have been boring, no words, one actor, but it wasn't. It was the most powerful movie and although I'm sure it is not going to be open to a lot of distribution, if you have a chance of seeing it. Do so....it is excellent.  I think I went through every emotion I have, plus some more.
Definitely put it on your DVD list.....

Remember the name, All is Lost starring Robert Redford, who is magnificent.

4 1/2 out of 5  (maybe deserves 5/5).

No comments:

Post a Comment