Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Despicable Me

I took my granddaughter who is 9 years old to see Despicable Me.  Well the title says it all - despicable. I was not impressed with this movie at all. In fact, and yes I was tired from being up early watching the Tour de France, I fell asleep, twice. Mind you that was near the beginning of the movie which I found boring and could not keep my eyes open. Then I heard the laughter of the young kids in the theatre. Well Despicable Me is really for kids. The children enjoyed the antics of the main character, whose name I even forget right now - that's how much of an impression it left on me - I think it began with a C. My granddaughter as she chomped through her popcorn laughed often, and each time I looked closer to see what was funny -  Generation gap - maybe. I must admit the second half was better and I think I chuckled once or twice. The most adorable thing about the movie was the three girls -- they were interesting, cute and made the movie worthwhile - a little. I would give this movie 1 1/2 stars out of 5, the 1/2 because young kids really like it. But as an adult, I think you need to realise this is a sacrifice for the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment