Thursday, July 22, 2010

Inception

I just completed seeing Inception for the second time.  The first time I enjoyed it, but I was not sure what had happened at the ending. I realised I did not remember the piece of information which was given which would explain the last bit. Was he still in dreamland or reality? So today I went and saw it again with a friend who is visiting. I paid attention to the piece of information which was the key to the ending. And although the ending could be interpreted either way, I think you get to decide for yourself how you want that to be.
This is a fascinating story. Especially to me, who deals with the subconscious, and although not a 'dream' expert, I certainly appreciated the concept.
This movie is totally well acted, not one of the characters was weak. Everyone played their role well. The results of this is that the movie is believable. Yes, violence again, guns, shooting, but there was also lots of other actions, and the scenery sets were great too.  I just loved it when the people floating (as they were not in gravity in the earlier dream) had to be tied together and floated to the elevator. I'm sure I would never in 100 years figured out how to create gravity when they were not in any.
Another sub story to this movie about 'letting go' and not living in our memories I thought was also pertinent. Food for thought on so many levels if you are interested in the subconscious, dreaming and personal growth. I totally recommend this movie, in fact I ll need to add the DVD to my collection of self-growth movies.
Want to see a movie which has it all, action, romance, food for thought, then Inception is it!!
Four 1/2 stars out of Five. 

No comments:

Post a Comment