Friday, July 2, 2010

The Last Airbender

I began to wonder if I was in the right movie house when I saw families with lots of children. I thought I was going to see a sci-fi movie. Yes, I knew there was a child actor, but I truly did not know it was considered a 'family' movie. When you think of the amount of fighting with fire and spears I guess its not that much different from what they see on TV. in fact, probably less.
I enjoyed this movie. I found the lesson of all elements earth, air, fire and water needing to live in harmony is appropriate for the time. Its a lesson which many of us forget. Plus the action scenes of the fighting with calling up the 'air' or the other elements fire, earth and especially at the end water. I just loved the water being pulled up to a giant wave and how it just hung there. Of course we know it is computer generated, but still it was wonderful to see.  I also enjoyed watching the lines of people doing what looked like tai chi. Yes the educational value of this movie, which I take is the beginning of at least two others (considering this was water and the avatar is the airbender, so the earth and fire still have to be dealt with).  I'm looking forward to the next adventure of the airbender.
I give this 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment