Wednesday, December 15, 2010

movie review - The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Last night I went to see The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I had heard a review where the person gave this movie a one star, so it was with some trepidation that I went. Well I give it much more. I liked this one more than the last Narnia movie and although I'm not sure if it is totally on par with the first which was so delightful, but it most certainly held its own. The only thing I did not enjoy (well I guess there was two) was I thought the scene with the sea serpent went on too long (I'm picky) and the horrid cousin, could have transformed sooner. He was a bore, I could not help sitting there wondering where his voice came from, I wonder what it will be like when his voice changes (or perhaps he just looks young and his voice already had changed). For an evening of entertainment, dotted with wonderful phrases of philosophy with the usual fight on Narnia between good and evil I think it is worth viewing. I found the quotes delightful, and wished I had a pen to write them down so I could remember them. Mind you, I have not read the books, so not sure if the movie reflected the book. From the movie I gather this is the last one, although they did leave the door open for the cousin. Not sure about that, a movie without the delightful Lucy acted by Georgie Herley. would not be the same. Aslan, with his wisdom will be missed though. 
I give this movie 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment