Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Unstoppable - movie review

Denzel Washington - no matter what movie you see him in he is good! In fact in Unstoppable he gives his role this basic calm yet speaks volumes. A master of the understatement, is the understatement. He is great in this role. Chris Pine (of the new Star Trek fame) with those wonderful eyes complemented him well. They were able to play off each other - whoever casted this did a great job. Beginning with tension between them, they end up working well together as they undertake the 'job' of stopping the runaway train. I enjoyed this movie, caught up in the drama of these two. I nearly did not go and see it, due to the promotion I thought someone was going to get killed. Luckily a friend told me she had seen it so I asked her if anyone died. I was not in the mood to see death on the screen. When she told me no, no one died and it was a good movie, I made the time to go see it, and I'm happy to report I did enjoy it.
It truly is a two man movie. With the other actors playing bit parts, even Rosario Dawson, who is listed as a 'star'. She did a great job, although I picked up an editing issue, which is unusual for a large budget film. In one scene she is tying her hair up, in the next it is back down on her shoulders. It would not have fallen that fast. As you know I'm a editor fan.  Good editing makes the movie. Mind you the editing was not Rosario's fault. Regardless of the small editing slip, this is a movie, if you like, tension, drama and great exchanges between twos great actors, then go see this movie. Unstoppable is unstoppable.
I give this 4 out of 5 stars for an enjoyable ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment