Monday, December 27, 2010

True Grit

Just got home from seeing True Grit.  I thoroughly enjoyed it. I vaguely remember John Wayne and Kim Darby in the original. This version was hilarious in places. It was watching the credits at the end that I realized the Cohan Bros wrote produced and directed it. No wonder it was funny. The seem to get better and better. The only problem I had with it was I had to listen really hard due to the accents they were using. Jeff Bridges is phenomenal in this role, (perhaps another Oscar nomination) the young girl was great....she really pulled the role off (but off the top of my head I can't remember her name - age, I worked to remember it off the screen too). Matt Damon I'm not sure of, but he is Matt Damon, I think other kinds of roles suit him better. Josh Brolin was great as the villain (although there were many villains).  Yes, go see this movie, it is definitely worth seeing, for the laughter. If you have a strange sense of humor like I do, you will laugh often even when no one else is. I give this movie 4 out of 5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment